Friday, December 16, 2011

FO and WIPs

Ok!!!  I'm finally getting around to posting my WIPs and I have 1 FO. 

This is the beginnings of a baby sweater for my daughter's band teacher.  He and his wife are expecting and she's due any time.


This is the baby blanket I am making to go with the sweater.  I will also be making a hat to go with the sweater from the same yarn as the sweater, just haven't started it yet.  I made good progress on both last night.

 These are pictures of the fingerless mitts I made for my Grandma.  I found the pattern on this blog:  http://bethsco.blogspot.com .  She had two different mitt patterns.  Her's were quit a bit longer than mine but I kept in mind that my Grandma would have to have help to put them on and I didn't want them to have to pull on them to get them up her arms.  My Mom reminded me that they had to be easy to get on and these are.

My lovely oldest was the model for the pics.

Here's the pattern for the Infinity Scarf that I will start today:  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/infinity-scarf-0     What do you think?  Have a great day!!!

17 comments:

SusanD1408 Crochet Addict said...

The mittens are beautiful. I am sure she will love them. I am sure they will love the blanket etc! I agree the scarf is a fantastic pattern. I'll look forward to seeing it.

Sandy said...

Love the colorful blanket!

FoFo said...

Thank you Sandy and Susan! I am anxious to start on the scarf. Headed there now while I am on my coffee break!

SarahFay said...

The mittens look gorgeous. I'm sure your Grandma will like them.

FoFo said...

Thank You Sarah!

Sheila said...

Love the mitts. I bet the band teacher and his wife will love all the goodies. That is a very nice looking infinity scarf. Nice daughter to model for you--mine take the camera and tell me to be the model!! I hope y'all have a lovely weekend. Take care.

Kathleen said...

I looove the way the baby blanket yarn is working up, the colour pooling is wonderful! And those are great fingerless mittens, awesome yarn and pattern. What a sweet gift for your grandmother, too, I hope they're good for her hands. :)

FoFo said...

Thanks ladies!!! I have started on the scarf, I hope to have it done next week so I can get them out.

Christine said...

Love the fingerless gloves! The colors are great!

Spinster Beth said...

So ... you like pink! Everything is lovely :-)

FoFo said...

Thank ladies! My Grandma likes pink and mauve so I made those in that color for her. The sweater is a light coral color but it didn't show up well. I am anxious to get her scarf done so I can get them sent off.

Lindy said...

love the gloves!

FoFo said...

Thank you Lindy!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Really nice colours in those mitts! Lucky grandma! I had a peak at the Infinity scarf pattern in your link - looks very nice as well!

FoFo said...

Thank You! I didn't make progress on it this weekend but I hope to sometime this week.

erin said...

those mitts are gorgeous! that's such a lovely color choice =)

FoFo said...

Thank you Erin! I really like them.