Saturday, December 10, 2011

I am a woman!

I change my mind a lot!  Ok, I've been through 5 different shawl patterns and I've still only managed to do 2 inches of crochet.  So for the time being I am going to give up on the shawl idea.  I do have a new idea for the yarn though.  I was talking to my Mom and she said my Grandma wants an infinity scarf.  So of course, I have to make it.  I have also been thinking, for quite a while, that I needed to make Grandma a pair of fingerless gloves.  She has extremely bad arthritis and the cold is painful for her hands.  So I am going to make those as well.  My Mom said that she would like the yarn that I was going to use for the shawl so that's what it will be.  I've found a couple of patterns that I like, tell me what you think.

Fingerless Mitts
Infinity Scarf

She wanted a long scarf so she could either leave it long or twist it up around her neck so I think this one will work and I wanted to do short fingerless mitts because of her hands and my Mom will have to help her put them on.

What do you think?

8 comments:

SusanD1408 Crochet Addict said...

Love both of the patterns I am sure she will love them.

FoFo said...

Thanks Susan! I am going to get started on Monday.

Red said...

Love the idea! I've been so wanting to try to crochet fingerless mitts. I think once I get finished with the three scarves I've got working (yes 3) I will give it a shot. Can't wait to see your finished mitts and scarf!!

FoFo said...

Thanks! I tried to start the mitts today and had to find another pattern and I have to learn a new stitch, foundation single crochet. I think I figured that out so I'll get started on the mitts tomorrow and I'm hoping that my knitting needles will be here soon so I can use them to make the scarf.

Sheila said...

Love the mitts and the scarf and I bet your grandma will too. I was without a computer for a while so I wasn't able to blog or read--all that to say that I hope your hand and arm are feeling better. Take care.

FoFo said...

Thanks! I have had to change the patterns I am using since my needles haven't come in yet but, they are pretty just the same. I will post links and pictures soon.

Annie said...

Painful arthritic hands would really benefit from those fab gloves....I know mine would :-)
Hugs,
A x

FoFo said...

Thanks Anne! I will be making me some before long. I've posted pics!