Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Finally have internet again....

I finally have home internet again.  I've been almost two months without it.  It's not been fun for me because I am so far behind on my podcast watching that it's going to take me a while to catch up.  I am listening to one now while typing.

So much has been going on that I don't know where to start.

My youngest started back to school and I had someone to watch her-for a week- and then she couldn't watch her anymore.  I was going to ask my sil that lives close to me to take her after school but it wasn't going to be convenient for her.  I talked to my brother and he told me to move her over to his kid's school and they would take her after school for me.  I really think it was meant to be because two days after we talked about it everything was set up and she started at the new school on Monday.  She likes her teachers and the kids she goes to school with.  She was upset the first day I told her and since then she's been fine.  After school, at least two days a week she will be doing martial arts training.  My niece and nephews are doing it and since she was sitting there doing nothing my sil asked her if she wanted to join.  She tried it out and loved it and so..... She will also be doing softball as well.  The basketball coach wants to recruit her but she doesn't want to do it, she wants to stick to softball.

Things at work came to a head finally and my boss, the office manager and I had a long conversation about stuff going on in the office.  I cleared the air.  He didn't have much to say but at least I said what I wanted.  We'll see if things change in the months to come.  He's considering letting one of his assistants go and I hope it's the one I would really like gone.  I do still have feelers out for a new job.  If my brother gets the stores he's trying to buy, I hope to go back to work for him.

I will be working some this summer I hope, I talked to my friend this weekend and she wants me to come back to work with her.  We have so much fun together even when we are working int he awful heat.  I love her and she blesses me so much when I spend time with her.

On the knitting front, I have finished several things but I have to block them and as soon as I have them blocked I will be taking photos and putting them up for you to see.  I have finished 3 shawls and a cowl.  Right now I am working on another cowl, and a hat for my grandmother.  I have a sweater on the back burner that I need to pull out and get finished.  It just needs the sleeves and the banding around the whole sweater.  I'll be taking my knitting to the marshal arts studio to knit while wating for Maggie. 

Maggie's room is nearly set up.  I have a few things left to pick up for her room and some stuff to hang posters on the wall and it'll be done.  She's loving having her own room with a door that closes.  I hope she keeps it neat.   I need to finish painting my bathroom and then I need to get the stuff out of Maggie's old room so I can get that decorated to my taste.  I really want a pretty color and I want bible verses to put on the walls.  Will have to find special things for the walls.  One friend that has been painting, painted a picture for me and will be sending it and she says it goes in my craft room.  I have commissioned a friend to do a felt picture for my bedroom.  I need something for my bathroom too.  Once "the Craft Room" is finished I have to get the desks and my cabinet in the room with the extra dresser.  I think I'll have enough room just have to create.  I also want a cube thing to put my yarn in. 

Eventually the dining room will be back where it's supposed to be, the den will be the den and then my living room will have a couch!  We having had one in years! 

I really need to do a spreadsheet of yarns and projects that I need to do and put it in order.  I need to do the same thing with projects that I want to do in the house in a order that is manageable. 

Ok, I think I have blathered enough.  I hope you have a lovely weekend and a nice holiday.

God Bless and Keep You and May His Face Shine Upon You


3 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Praying the job situation will settle into something comfortable. And man, do you ever have time to breathe!!!!

Cris Crochets said...

Wow... so much buzzing quo und on your side. I am glad you were able to get things out in the open with the boss.

FoFo said...

I am hoping that things will settle. The girl he wants to get rid of is in his daughter's wedding so he can't get rid of her until after the wedding. October can't come fast enough.

Chris, I never slow down much. I have too much time to think. If I'm sitting I'm reading, or knitting and watching tv or podcasts. I don't like to have thinking time. I have a lot of things on the burner to do but I procrastinate. I've got to stop doing that and just get them done. I've been tired lately so instead of fighting it, I sleep when I want to and then do what needs to be done.

Thanks girls!!!